Thursday, October 4, 2012

Lots of Posts on the Way!

So this summer, I went to my mom's physical therapist for some core training.  He noticed that my tendon that holds my right ankle in place was "not functioning" and recommended that I see and orthopedic surgeon to check it out. To make a long story short, my tendon was in the process of breaking longitudinally (sort of shredding like a cheese stick) so I had surgery last Friday to fix it as well as my very flat foot.  I won't be able to walk for 8 weeks or drive for 12 weeks, so all of the sudden, I can't cook, clean or drive my kids around. It's quite the humbling experience.

I also had a lot of pain after the surgery and was very grateful for drugs that could take it away.  It made me think of the millions of people who do not have good health care, or are injured in war, or throughout history who have been hurt but did not have anesthesia or painkillers and it makes me feel really grateful for modern medicine.

So with part of the time that I'd normally be running errands and cooking and cleaning, I plan to blog.  I'll go backwards in time, with whatever topic I feel like writing about that day.  I also spend more time with my kids, reading, playing, talking, etc.  This is what Mikey and I did today after our lunch:



(He got out Jenga yesterday to play with Ivan.  I thought he would play with me, but it turned out that building tunnels was much more fun.)

1 comment:

Laura said...

Ooo! I am so excited about this! I'll be checking back regularly!