I wish I could report a raging success. Nope. I am just completely demoralized and tired of the potty defining my day and my relationship with my son.
We got a Jack-in-the-Box dragon which Eric thought was great. After peeing in his underwear all day, I told him that he couldn't play with the dragon until he went to the potty. He went four times that evening. The next morning, he woke up and said, "I have to go to the potty." Yay! Potty dance. Potty skittles. Play with the dragon. And 15 minutes later he pooped in his pants.
Later that day, I said "do you have to go potty?" "Nope." And 5 minutes later, he peed in his pants. So I thought I would take the "this is so inconvenient" tactic and say, "Oh man. Now that you've made a mess, you'll have to stop and clean it up." So I made him go in the bathroom and wash out his underwear. Of course, I had forgotten how much Eric likes to play in the water. So two hours later, I hear, "Oh! Poor Tinkerbell. Now I have to wash you out." Ivan, of course, is not so concerned about Eric's manliness now that he likes to pee on Tinkerbell.
So I gave up. The question is not one of ability, it's motivation. And for now, I don't feel like fighting that battle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment